10/27/08

This has been a crazy nine months of 2008 as I continue to get Gifts on a Mission up and running! So much so, that I haven't kept the updates coming and I apologize for that. Now I have lots of news! I'll try to break it up over the new few days but here are the highlights:

WEBSITE ORDERING: Finally, after months of tedious work, the website is ready for ordering. It is certainly a work-in-progress but it is ready! You can order now, although I will welcome orders even more in a couple of weeks when my very overdue container arrives. I'll send another email at that time.

NEW CONTAINER COMING: 45 days has turned into 4 months so I can say, for certain, that container shipping across is the world is never boring! We expect the container in a few days and will be adding new products to the website then.

UPCOMING HOLIDAY SHOWS: Gifts on a Mission will be displaying at several holiday shows. Click here for all the details. Remember, many of the products are only made in small quantities so I always have things at the shows that aren't on the website. Also, if you have any ideas, I am available to have a show or talk about House of Hope and Kenya at any home, office, event, etc.

HOUSE OF HOPE OPEN: This is the most exciting news of all and such a blessing! I just got back a couple of weeks ago from my 3rd trip to Kenya this year. I was able to visit the 11 children of the House of Hope home for children that we just opened. I've got great photos of the kids and will be sending the entire story to you in the next couple of days.

Unfortunately, one bit of bad news: Last week I got very sudden news that the McDonough Street Market closed. As you may remember, this is the market in Decatur that I moved into back in May, along with 10 other artists and vendors, and it has been very successful. We were all so excited about the possibilities. It was the perfect spot for me because it allowed me to have a small space that was permanent. Though this closing has been a very frustrating and disappointing experience, I truly believe another opportunity like this will open and I'm already looking into other possibilities.

As always, thank you so much for your support of this mission! The two purposes of this ministry are to give opportunity to artists in developing countries and to support children in those countries. Your purchases push forward the first purpose and your donations have made the second purpose possible. Thank you so much! Blessings,
Jackie

No comments: